Our quick and easy tutorial shows how to make a floating cooler from common household items.
Create your very own swim-up bar in the backyard pool with this floating cooler — perfect for those dog days of summer when you just don’t feel like getting out of the water.
Here’s how to make this buoyant bar.
1. Gather some rope, a plastic bin, and a pool noodle.
2. Cut the noodle into four pieces that will cover the perimeter of the plastic bin.
3. Thread the rope through the cut pool noodles, ensuring that each noodle is snug against the sides of the bin.
4. Knot a handle in the rope, leaving about a foot between the bin and the knot.
5. Tie noodles tightly around the plastic bin to secure.
6. Fill with ice and drinks to top off your day of fun in the sun!